Oratorical ContestsGreetings to those of you who are visiting this site seeking information for the Two (2) Oratorical Contests sponsored by the South Carolina Baptist Congress of Christian Education:
2020 ORATORICAL THEME
Exalting the Savior, Equipping the Saints, and Proclaiming the Gospel Through Authentic Worship, While Ministering to the Needs of a Changing Culture
The C. O. Jackson Oratorical Contest
- Held during the annual July session
- CANCELLED -
July 13, 2020 - 8:00 a.m.
- View 2019 Winners
- Eligible participants are graduating 12th graders and college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors
- Deadline Date to register online is June 27, 2020
The N. J. Brockman Oratorical Contest
- Held during the Mid-Winter November session
- November 7, 2020 - 8:00 a.m.
- View 2019 Winners
- Eligible participants are 7th -11th graders
- Deadline Date to register online is October 24, 2020
This site provides all the necessary information needed for awareness and, particularly, for your use in hosting your local contests. In fact, we strongly encourage you to use the SAME format and information so that the participants, advisors, and supporters are already familiar. If you need further explanation and assistance, contact the Congress office immediately so that we may provide first-hand assistance.
General Contest Information
- Congress Theme/Emphasis (used for BOTH contests)
- Contest Date/Location/See Information below on general 8:00 a.m. start time
- Scoring Sheet (used for BOTH contests)
- Personal Data Information (submit electronically on website as your Registration)
- Copy of speech (submit electronically on website)
Note that all participants who will enter the State contest(s) should be prepared to electronically register by submitting personal data and speech information, and be prepared to report to the contest location site starting at 8:00 a.m. on the date designated for the contest's Orientation and Elimination. Contestants must report with proof of paid registration (Church and Association) and a printed copy the Eligibility Confirmation Response Form. The finalists will compete for the grand prizes all in the same day.
If you should have any questions, do not hesitate to send them forth electronically from this site. Or, contact the Coordinator listed below:
Contact: Mrs. Vanessa GoforthEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: (803) 917-4208
Home: (803) 754-6920
Oratorical Online Registration
Click the link below to complete the Personal Data Sheet Online. Please adhere to guidelines prior to filing out this online form. If the link does not appear, please refresh/reload the browser.
Online Registration: Personal Data Information